Wednesday 16 April 2014

DIY Save The Dates

Having begun my search for save the dates & invites, I soon discovered that they're very pricey!! This isn't so good if you're like me; 22 and not a millionaire! I found so many that were simply beautiful but I just couldn't justify spending that amount of money on paper when I had also found an amazing DIY blog for free :)

If you're lucky enough to have a large wedding budget then here are some of the websites I would have used:

1. Papergrace (top right)
2. Twenty-Seven (bottom left)
3. Lola's Paperie (bottom right)
4. Pogofandango (top left)

I also found Not On The Highstreet really handy as they offer such a wide range of wedding invitations and save the dates to browse.


*


After realising that DIY was the best/cheapest option, I started hunting around the internet for stencils or templates. There are so many amazing blogs out there that give you ideas so even if you're going to buy everything, just use them to get ideas of things that you may not have even thought of!! The blog I stumbled across is called Upcycled Treasures and I believe that their wedding was mostly DIY. It's so creative and makes people like me (who aren't creative at all) think that they can achieve this as well :)

Now onto making your Save The Dates…
(An easy 4 step guide - when I say easy, I mean EASY!!)

Step 1:
Choose what you want to use for the actual invite, for example; luggage tag, pocket fold envelope, a picture. My fiancĂ© and I decided to go with a luggage tag as we felt like it was a little different but simple at the same time. I got my luggage tags from a company called East of India in a little shop near where I live called 'The Tokenhouse.' It's such a cute little shop and is amazing for cards, ribbon, presents, house hold items etc etc.


 Here's some pictures of 'The Tokenhouse'












The luggage tags we chose;




We decided that we didn't want to keep the rope on the end so we went into John Lewis to choose a coloured ribbon to match the ink that we had chosen


Step 2:
Change all of the rope to ribbon 


Step 3:
Put the details onto the Save The Dates

We decided that we would get a personalised stamp so that they looked rustic yet all the same! (Also, I didn't trust myself not being that creative to write out every single one as I knew they'd all look different and messy!) 
We found the stamp that we wanted on a website called The English Stamp Company. It's a really easy website to use and you can choose what you want your stamp to say. One thing I will say is that the customised stamps only come in one size which I didn't realise at the time but luckily the stamp just about fit onto the luggage tags!! :)




Step 4:
Wait until they are dry & then put them into envelopes to be sent to your guests!

(I also bought a gel pen from Paperchase in the same colour as the ribbon and stamp ink to write the guests names on the back)




There you have it, cute, rustic, individual save the dates for all of your guests

I hope this can give a few of you some ideas especially if you're trying to budget!

Thank you for reading 

Love,

Dainty Bride



(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)






No comments:

Post a Comment