Wednesday 30 April 2014

A Healthy Bride

I am very lucky that I don't have to watch my weight or what I eat too much as, let's face it, it's not that much fun! But since I got engaged, I've started to over think that I will need to fit into a beautiful wedding dress & look amazing as there will be 65 sets of eyes staring at me as I walk down the aisle! 
(Eek scary thought - note to self; don't fall over!!!!!!!)

Due to my over thinking, I've become really interested in finding healthier options of my favourite foods. I'm obviously not trying to lose weight as I am rather petite, but I want to look healthy & glowing when the day comes!

One food group that I absolutely adore is CARBS!!!!! I mean people surely can't live without carbs, I don't know how they can do it because they just make every meal so damn tasty :) My absolute fave is pasta! I could eat pasta every night if someone let me - thankfully they don't! So, I don't want to never eat pasta again but I thought 'hmmm… what can I have that is the same sort of thing but a lot healthier?!' 

So, as usual, I went to google & started researching different ingredients & healthier options. 

(For the record, I'm not saying that every bride needs to watch what they eat, it's just what I wish to do)


Here's some ideas for that healthier alternative;

1. No more spaghetti, have 'courgetti'

For me, this is genius! It looks pretty similar to spaghetti, tastes really good & is also really filling as courgettes are quite chunky! I found this recipe when reading Lady Smart's blog & I'm so happy that I did :) It was actually so easy to make & I also added in some prawns so that it wasn't all veg!









*

2. Stuffed crusts? Nah, stuffed aubergine!! 

I always find that aubergine is really filling as it's quite a 'meaty' vegetable, if that makes sense. Because it's filling, I can eat this recipe for my dinner without any carbs & still feel full all evening which is amazing as sometimes when you're trying to be healthy, you get hungry only a few hours later!

 For my stuffed aubergines, I filled them with;

 lamb mince
onions
chilli
tomatoes
courgettes
feta
mushrooms

They were absolutely delicious & I'm definitely going to be adding this recipe to the (small) list of meals I can cook :)







3. Stir fry not fry up!

I am a massive lover of a stir fry as you can just fill it with pretty much anything & everything. It's really good for using all of that left over veg in the fridge! You can either go super healthy with just veg or if you want to add something a bit more filling then you can add some rice noodles or gluten free noodles as they're slightly better for you :)





4. Bacon aubergine rolls

I only tried making these the other week with MelKate & they were a real success. They were a little bit fiddly to start with but once we got into a routine then they were easier to put together! I also saw this idea on Lady Smart's blog & thought "mmmm aubergine" once again :)

*


5. Lasagne (Aubergine style)

I first tried this dish in the French Alps in a little restaurant on the side of a mountain and thought it was absolutely a-ma-zing! Lasagne is just such a comfort food & is perfect when it's a little chilly outside. So I thought, I've used aubergine as a pasta before so why can't I do it with lasagne?! Rather than using your standard lasagne sheets just replace them for slice aubergine instead :)


*



As you can tell, there's definitely been a lot of aubergine involved in this post! There isn't really a specific reason for this other than that it's really tasty & can be used in so many different ways!

Hopefully this has given some ideas for all you carb lovers out there :D

Thank you for reading

Love,

Dainty Bride xx



(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment