Sunday 30 August 2015

The Treat Kitchen | Review

This week, I was lucky enough to receive a delicious looking parcel in the form of sweets. Now, if there's one thing I like to review, it's definitely food. All kinds. So this was right up my street!



The Treat Kitchen is a family fun business which stems all the way back from selling sweets on a market stall & having worked for major retailers, Martin & Jess decided it was about time they opened a place of their own. Confectionary has always been a part of the Barnett family history with 2 working factories in Nottingham in the 1890's, giving them the bug & urge to open their own. It is a traditional sweet shop using modern, quirky & unusual packaging where you're able to see fudge & sweets being made before taking them home to indulge on!

Sweetshop Heroes - 'Tropical Pineapple'


I love how bright & summery these sweets look! Perfect for this time of year, even if it does rain most of the time. I don't actually like pineapple as a fruit so I was a little nervous to pop this one in my mouth but I was so surprised! I really loved the taste of this. It wasn't too weak or too intense & was nice & light.



Again, I don't actually like watermelon (I know what you're thinking - such a fussy bugger!) but I wanted to give it a go & yet again I was pleasantly surprised. Like the pineapple cubes, they flavour was light but just right. I love the little milk bottle packaging & the only negative I would have is the colour but you can't like everything right?!



You might feel like you're seeing a bit of a theme here but this time I couldn't get my head around it. I don't like banoffee pie at all. I gave it a whirl & could definitely taste all the flavours which is a positive but for me, it wasn't the one!



WARNING - These will blow your head off! Even thinking about these is making my face scrunch up!! If you love sour sweets, then these are for you! They're delicious & everything you want in a sour.




There's something about "sugar free" sweets that tends to put people off but these are utterly delicious. I received a fruit medley which definitely helped after the sour bombs! Being sugar free, I also didn't feel so bloated after which is an added bonus.

Overall, I really enjoyed the sweets. They were delicious, different & all completely separate from each other. The packaging is simple, quirky & easy to read & I will definitely be going into store as soon as I can!

The Treat Kitchen are also opening a shop in Derby (at Intu Derby) on Saturday 12th September. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend (which I'm really sad about!) but make sure you head on down there to have a look at their delicious products especially as they're giving out 75,000 sweets!! The store will be open from 9am-7pm with an official ribbon cutting ceremony at 11am by the Mayor.

Thank you to The Treat Kitchen for sending me the sweets!

Love,
xx




(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)

No comments:

Post a Comment