Wednesday 25 June 2014

An Engagement Party

A couple of weeks ago I went to my auntie's engagement party in Leeds :) it was a really nice evening & a good chance for some of the family to get together!

I was busy during the day & didn't have time to re-do my makeup so I had to do a re-vamp of my daytime makeup to make it appropriate for a party!

Here's my day to night makeup look :)






In the day, I tend to keep it quite natural with a small amount of liner & mascara 


Excuse the eyebrows - it'd been a long day & they aren't looking the best!

(Left eye)

I started off by applying 'half baked' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.








(Left Eye)

I then added some definition to my crease & started to create the flick outline using a gorgeous glittery plum colour from a MAC palette I got as an Easter present.

(Bottom Colour)


I continued to build it up until I was happy with it!


Crazy flicks before I blended them out :)


I then added my MAC liquid eyeliner which is in my current favourites at the minute! I sorted my eyebrows out, added some more mascara & bronzer et voila...




The finished look :)

We then drove up to Leeds & quickly got changed into our outfits before setting off for the party. 
(Apologies for the lighting in the hotel!)









Dress - Miss Selfridge
Necklace - Accessorize


On our way home on the Sunday we stopped off for a Sunday lunch in a restaurant called 'The Cadeby Inn' It was really lovely & such a beautiful place!


We were sat in "The Conservatory" which was a beautiful open room with only 4 tables but lots of windows!


I loved this lamp shade & the wine displayed



Of course I had my favourite drink, cranberry & disaronno 


For starter I had a prawn & smoked salmon cocktail which was delicious. It was so light & fresh & came with a piece of warm tasty bread :)



I found this beautiful picture in the ladies toilets & just felt the need to take a photo of it :)



For my main course, I went with the pork loin & apple mash which was sooo tasty! 






If you have the chance to go for a Sunday lunch I would definitely recommend as it's pretty good value for money & is also really tasty :) The garden at the front also looked perfect for relaxing on a sunny day.

Thank you for reading

Love,
Dainty Bride xx



(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)



No comments:

Post a Comment