Sunday 7 September 2014

August Favourites

How quickly is this year going by?! I know we all say it every year but it really is! Next thing you know, it'll be Christmas! Jeee whiz.



This month I have really been getting into Peplum tops. I've never really liked them before but I thought I'd give them a whirl again & was pleasantly surprised. In the past I've found that the make me look stumpy & like I have no upper body but for some reason I've changed my mind about this. Whether I was being picky or the tops have slightly changed design over the past few years I don't know. What I do know is that I'm loving them & they're becoming a bit of a staple in my wardrobe.


Peplum's



                                                   







                             * 

2. Sugar Lip Treatment

I'd never heard of this brand before until my fiancé bought me a Sephora 'Sun Safety Kit' which included this. It has quickly become my favourite lip balm. It smells amazing, almost like honey & feels incredible when you apply it. It's also got an SPF 15 which is an extra bonus!




3. Eyeshadow

Since I started my new job back in July I have worn eyeshadow every single day. Yes you read that right, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I don't know what's come over me but I just can't not wear it at the moment. I love using different colours & trying a new look each day. Even if it's really subtle I just can't not wear it!





These shoes are one of the best purchases I've ever made! Honestly. I spent the whole month searching every H&M shop in America when I visited to find them, finally gave up & then found my size online in the sale when I was back in the UK. They're amazingly comfy & go with literally anything! I've dressed them up to go for cocktails, wear them really casual with some jeans & a simple top & even wear them for work. A-MA-ZING!
















Ooh look another pair of shoes. These are again, super comfy! I needed some plain black flats for work & these were just the thing. I wouldn't usually spend £24 on a pair of plain flats or shop at Next normally but I know that these will last a while which makes them worth the pennies.




Since I've been applying eyeshadow every day recently, I've wanted to make sure it stays on for the whole day. This NARS Eye Primer is my all time favourite. It's a really creamy consistency & my eyeshadow stays on all day without me having to worry about it. 





Over the past month I've become a tad 'wedding' obsessed. I live & breathe our wedding & just love to look at various decorations, websites, dresses & ideas. I was reading one of my monthly bridal magazines & came across this website & fell in love. They literally have everything from ribbons, stamps, children's games, table decorations & venue decorations. Definitely worth a click!


I've wanted this fluffy blending brush for some time & I've finally got my hands on it. I really couldn't have been happier with this purchase. It's so soft on the eyes, blends really well & also cleans really well which I love as I hate having brushes that are stained from the makeup!


Like thousands of other girls, I have a fair amount of box sets. I'd get obsessed with a television programme & then have to buy every series. Recently, I've been loving getting back into them. Watching shows like 'The OC' & 'Friends' just brings back lots of memories & is a great way to wind down in the evening.





I took this moisturiser to America & you'll find that I've already mentioned it here. This moisturiser was a rash buy. I desperately needed a new one but didn't want to spend much. I actually really love it. It feels amazing when it's applied & it's also lasted a long time!




Have a look at what I was loving last month in my 'July Favourites'

Thank you for reading

Love,
Dainty Bride xx



(Pictures on this blog post are property of DaintyBride unless stated otherwise with an asterisk *. Any images marked with an asterisk * are sourced from the internet & are believed to be public domain & have no rights affiliated with DaintyBride)



No comments:

Post a Comment